Saturday, June 02, 2007

ask....

... and if you are lucky, sometimes you shall receive...


nothing particular to report from my side, so i shall tell you guys my new lifestyle...

My one month plus staying and truly experiencing a Japanese University life has been hard. Now i understand why all the foreign seniors have been advicing us to try to make friends, join a eca club, dont give up hope.. and all the cheering.. Last year, i never understood why all that was necessary.


I GET IT NOW...


It would have been normal if I was a Japanese girl. or even better a Foreign male. Yes, foreign female students have hell to suffer if you are in Japan. Before coming to Japan, girlfriends cheer on.. GO adeline go! Hot japanese boys! you'll get a boyfriend for sure! they'll love you.. you have more than the average Japanese female.. -_-"" truth be told, i was happy, i was expecting to be famous, miss popular.. HAHA i mean like men no matter what are all the same.. they like bootylicious...

TRUE, but not quite...

here i am entering my second year in Japan, status: still single...

things to learn about Japan in a foreigner's viewpoint.

1)Japanese boys are stupid

- they are too scared to communicate with foreigner girls. They are shy. there goes plan flirtation, seduction and fooling around

2)Japanese girls are like wolves

- they love foreigner boys, when a new batch of foreign students come in, they attack! they waste no time.

3)Being a foreigner girl sucks in Japan

- it is obvious to conclude from the above two points, that being a foreign female, the Japanese male population shy away from you, the rest of the foreign male population gets swallowed by the Japanese girls. It feels like a bargain sale and the girls are grabbing t-shirts...


but its okay, looking for love aside, what about making friends with Japanese...

sighhhhhh.. the only way to make friends in a Japanese university is to go all the after parties. I missed the first two, and after that i go to my freshman class and i see them all in their own social groups already.. and me? sitting alone by myself... The worst has yet to come my friends.. oh no...

In a Japanese classroom, there is gender separation.. spreadeagled like the Red Sea. one whole side for the boys, and the other side for the girls, and there is no one sitting in the centre of the class.. sigh... its not like its set that way, but no one dares to "cross-over" sheesh... I ask my classmates why does this phenomenon occur? they say.. saaa.. nande darou? maybe because of they dont want people to assume that we are together if we sit together theory.. *rolls eyes*

The other night, i went to my first drinking session with my newly found friends (Japanese girls) I asked them if they all were single, NOT! two of them are having a 2yr relationship with their bfs, one of them got the guy she has been crushing on from the first after-party, and the other girl is working on her crush.. Im like.. HOLYYYYYYY.. WHAT THE~??!?!?! please share your wisdom with me sensei~~~

and they turn to me,
what you dont have a boyfriend?!?! "kareshi inai no? uso~!"

no, i dont... and

then they say "nihonjin de ii?" (do you mind Japanese guys?)...

im like sigh.. how am i supposed to catch a guy if theres the gap and then we have to add the fact that im a foreigner thus they shy away from me? sighhhh...

they went: "you have to be quick, do you like anyone in our class? ~kun and ~kun are single and the rest have gfs already" I'm like EH?! so fast?!?! no wait.. how do you all know all this!? eh!?"

and then i asked the girl who recently got her man.. HOW THE HELL DID YOU ACCOMPLISH IT??!

she went:

after the first after-party, i got drunk... i pretended not to know how to go back, i pretended to forget my password to the room, and slept over his place...

me:

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!?!??!?! *早ッ* (fast)

CRAZY!!! these people are crazy! they dont waste time on seduction, romance and flirtation. just get drunk. WOW.. but thats no fun.. getting a lovelife is all about romance and the game! the hell!?!?! while this was happening, the girl who got her man fast proceeded to help the girl who was working on getting her man, she called him over and asked him to help the poor drunk girl.. hoping that they will hit it off... HAHAHA (nothing happened btw)

oh well.. after that drinking session with my friends, the girls obviously got drunk, ahhaah I LOVE DRUNK JAPANESE girls... boys--> have yet to see... the drunk girls hugged me like hugging has been in their culture since the old days, and screamed アデリン好き!(aderin suki!-I like Adeline) I laughed at them and patted their heads.. (they are so short) I like you guys too!! ahhahaha

and me and another girlfriend proceeded to my place, she needed to use my shower (dorms for foreign students have toilets attached to their rooms... Japanese dorms dont... the Japanese students use the common bath which closes at 10pm.. it was already 12pm) lol... she ended sleeping over my place.. man... if i were a guy.. i would have been rejoicing in my heart.. hahaha but then again this girl already had a boyfriend. and im straight.. but none-theless, i managed to have a sleepover with a Japanese girl.. too cool yo! and ever since this drinking sessions, i think ill be able to have friends. Goodbye to the days of sitting by myself in class...


thats all for today..

dlynne

No comments: